When my daughter joined a competitive swimming squad at the age of 8, she struggled with energy levels. Whilst we eat healthily, I learnt from speaking to other parents that it's a huge challenge to find a handy snack to take with you when you are rushing off to training. Many parents like me were looking for something that's more nutritional and not sugar loaded cereal bars.
Sadly, adult protein or sports snacks contained ingredients that were not safe or nor had the levels suitable for young people. A couple of times, when my daughter ate just a few bites of adult protein bars it caused her stomach cramps. I didn't want to feed my child with palm oils, sweeteners and cheap protein versions.
This is when I realised there was a real need for an alternative need for young athletes and I became passionate to be the one to bring that alternative to the market.
That's why our product formulation is underpinned by:
• Scientific evidence of the nutritional needs of youth athletes
• Identifying key macro/micro-nutrients essential for a young athlete’s pre and post workout
• How each of these nutrients correlate with each other for maximum effect
• Aiding nutrient absorption in a young athlete’s body
• How the ingredients will support the gut microbiome stability of a young person.